The acronym AJPM stands for Affordable Jewelry and Precious Metals, and it’s the name of a company that has a number of precious metals and jewelry stores in the Portland, Oregon area. Their storefronts include a location in downtown Portland as well as another location Tigard, Oregon. They also have a location in Vancouver, Washington.
The company’s main specialty is selling platinum, silver, and gold bullion bars and coins. They even sell gold from pre-1933. And if you’re looking to sell gold for scrap, they’ll gladly purchase it at one or more of their local businesses in the Portland area.
Vicki Scott and Rodney Scott originally founded AJPM in 1991. At this point in time, each individual storefront contains its own management. The owners provide assistant to each management team but work directly out of their location in downtown Portland. Visit the About Page on their website to learn more about each location’s managers and other staff members.
Complaints & Ratings
Since AJPM has been in business for nearly 30 years, they’ve had many ratings from various ratings agencies throughout the years. And based on the numbers, you can see how they stack up. Their overall picture looks something like the following:
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and zero complaints in the last three years
- 69% positive reviews on CitySearch based on 31 reviews
- 1 negative complaint on RipOff Report
- Based on 16 reviews, they received 2.8 out of five stars on Site Jabber
- 5 out of 5 stars on Yellow Pages based on 3 reviews
- 5 out of 5 stars on Yelp based on 2 reviews
- 4 out of 5 stars on Google +
Clearly, according to the ratings and complaints listed above, Affordable Jewelry and Precious Metals has a pretty good reputation in the Portland area as a solid precious metals dealer. But their track record is far from perfect even though they haven’t had a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in the past three years. They have had a couple of complaints on Yelp, Site Jabber, and other sites though.
As you can imagine, they have a great selection of products to buy at AJPM that can be categorized in three different ways. They offer a platinum, gold, and silver products.
When visiting one of their storefronts, you also have the option to purchase different types of jewelry, but when you look at their online offerings you’ll mainly find bullion for sale and nothing more.
They have a relatively modest selection on their website, and in the gold category they currently have just a handful of products. In fact, the main gold products currently for sale on their website include:
- American Gold Buffalo
- American Gold Eagle
- Australian Gold Kangaroo
- Canadian Maple Leaf
- Perth Mint Bars
As far as shipping goes, their price structure is as follows:
- Pay $40 to receive 1 ounce precious metals
- Pay $25 to receive 2-9 ounces of precious metals
- Shipping is free for orders of 10 ounces of precious metals or more
Based on information available on their website, they aren’t currently affiliated with gold IRA sales or precious metals IRA custodians. They just sell jewelry and precious metals without any retirement accounts attached to the purchase.
Contact Information for AJPM
- Location – 304 SW Washington St., Portland, OR 97204
- Phone # – 503-227-4653
- Fax # – 503-227-4204
AJPM’s Important Web Pages
Some of the critical webpages on their website include:
- Scrap calculator page – this page will allow you to calculate how much money you will earn when selling AJPM your scrap precious metals.
- Detailed order instructions – on this page they will provide you with detailed information on how to order precious metals. It also shares information about shipping expenses as well.
- Gold bullion page – on this page you can look through their catalog of various bars and coins made of gold bullion. Right now they currently sell Canadian Gold Maple Leafs, South African Krugerrands, American Gold Buffaloes, American Gold Eagles, Perth Mint Bars, and Australian Kangaroos.
Review Other Competitors before Making a Gold Purchase
Are you looking to purchase precious metals as part of your gold IRA? Some brokers like AJPM do not deal directly with IRA companies. So you’ll need to find a company that provides this service. And they need to be a company that you trust. Read reviews and ratings of various gold IRA companies operating on the web to make your final decision.
AJPM Representatives: Contact Us
Do you represent Affordable Jewelry and Precious Metals in the capacity as a manager, an employee, or the owner? Let us know if any of the information presented today is old, outdated, or falsely represented.
Bring it to our attention because we work hard to provide the most up-to-date, accurate, and valued information about all of the companies that we take the time the review.
Our #1 Gold IRA Company: Regal Assets
Out of dozens of potential gold IRA companies to do business with, we only recommend our favorite source named Regal Assets.
Why did we choose this company over such steep competition? For starters, Regal Assets has more than 1000 positive reviews on the Internet from rating agencies including the Better Business Bureau, Trustlink, and the Business Consumer Alliance. In fact, the BCA rates Regal Assets with their highest AAA honors. And the BBB has awarded this company with their highest A+ rating.
Even more important, Inc. Magazine ranked Regal Assets as #20 on their list of the top 500 financial services companies doing business today.
Learn more about Regal Assets by visiting their website. While there, feel free to give them your email address in exchange for a valuable free investor’s kit.